In this episode Sh. Fahd takes us to Chechnya where he meets and old man who is blind and teaches the blind to read Quran in Braille. He also visits Morocco where the technique of memorizing is to write it on the board. Sh Fahd believes this is the best method in solidifying memorization, and unfortunately, many people have abandoned this method. He visits one of the Quran centers there.
Points of Benefit:
- the old blind man has such a love for the Quran that even in old age, he strives to learn and teach the Quran, even though it’s a foreign language to him. Do we have such a love for the Quran ?
- Sh Fahd advices us who wants to memorize with perfection is to write it as you are memorizing;
The Writing Method
- Designate a special notebook in which you will write the page that you are memorizing
- If you make a mistake, don’t correct it by copying from the Quran. Rather, try again and do it 2, 3, even 10 times, and this will perfect and solidify your memorization
- Sh Fahd talks to some students who traveled to Morocco from Spain. Would we be willing to travel for the sake of learning the book of Allah?